During the fall and spring semesters we provide in-person School Concerts to Austin ISD elementary, middle, and high schools.
We’re excited to partner with music teachers. School concerts feature local and visiting musicians who present a variety of chamber music repertoire (from Baroque to new compositions), introducing students to instrument families, invoking discussion, and energizing students to continue–or start–their excitement with music!
ACMC is able to perform at AISD schools FREE of charge because of the generous support of certain individuals, foundations, and corporations. We will gladly accept contributions from your PTA and school to cover concert costs so we can reach as many children as possible. Available funds to support free concerts are limited.
If you’re interested in having a chamber ensemble perform at your school:
- Performances are tailored for specific grade levels, and available for grades K – 12.
- Schools are asked to provide two to three periods, back-to-back, on the same day, during which an ensemble can give performances.
- Since this is a small ensemble performance, the space needs to be a quiet one.
Benefits of Live School Concerts
ACMC’s performances give students…
- a unique and intimate concert experience with the opportunity to ask questions
- a deeper look into instruments families that make up an ensemble
- knowledge of music terminology and history
- the opportunity to hear a variety of chamber music literature
- skills in listening, critical thinking and movement
- an outlet to explore the elements of playing in small groups
- inspiration to play an instrument
- motivation to practice
- an opportunity to get excited about music with their peers
Contact Jeni Gossard, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the below form, to start a conversation about having a group come to your school.