The Austin Chamber Music Center (ACMC) is dedicated to serving Central Texans by expanding knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of chamber music through the highest quality instruction and performance.
ACMC seeks to:
- Develop the next generation of musicians and audiences.
- Make chamber music accessible to everyone.
- Provide audiences with a wide range of chamber music experiences.
- Provide an avenue for professional musicians to interact with each other and to communicate their enthusiasm for chamber music to students and audiences through paid teaching and performance opportunities.
- Develop and expand the chamber music repertoire, including the commissioning of new works, study, and recording of less familiar repertoire.
- Instill lifelong skills of leadership and cooperation through music education.
- Connect people of all backgrounds through music and music-making.
- Diversity We should reflect and respond to the diversity of our community.
- Equity We do not prevent anyone from participating in our programs due to financial or other burdens.
- Inclusion All are welcome in our programs regardless of gender, race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability, age, or citizenship status.
Thoughts or ideas? Let us know!
This is a living document. Please join us in the conversation.