Summer Chamber Music Workshop: July 2022
A multi-week chamber music camp that runs simultaneously with the Austin Chamber Music Festival in July. The Summer Workshop provides musical opportunities for musicians youth to adult. Activities include chamber music, chamber orchestra, composition, improvisation, percussion ensemble, and rhythmic classes in addition to coaching and masterclasses with renown international touring artists.
After two years away, our first priority at the 2022 Summer Workshop in July is student, faculty, staff, and community safety. We are closely monitoring the pandemic and its impact on in-person rehearsals, performances, and gatherings. Updated COVID safety precautions will be sent out to all registered families, participants, and guests as the Workshop nears. ACMC will be following all City of Austin, CDC, and/or venue guidelines. Set protocols are subject to change before and during the Workshop.
Why chamber music this summer?
- Meet and play with other passionate musicians
- Work with leading local musicians and visiting artists
- Be a soloist within a small, intimate ensemble
- Challenge your playing and appreciate new music
- Develop essential musical skills such as sense of pitch, rhythm, and tone
- Expand your confidence, creativity, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Engage the right and left sides of the brain simultaneously (basically exercising the brain!)
- Most importantly, bring musical fun to your summer!!
Click on the division you want to learn more about:
- Primary Division (ages 7-10): July 11-23, 2022 – Registration now closed
- Young Artists Division (ages 11-18): July 11-23, 2022 – Registration now closed
- Adult Division (ages 18 & up): July 7-20, 2022 – Registration now closed
University of Texas at Austin
Sarah & Ernest Butler School of Music
2406 Robert Dedman Drive
Austin, TX 78712
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO FREE PARKING ON CAMPUS
Participants will receive parking options and further instructions prior to the start of the workshop but ultimately participants are responsible for finding their own parking and paying as needed.
Want to be informed of upcoming plans?
Contact Jeni Gossard, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click below to fill out a contact form, to inquire about how to get involved with Summer plans and/or to get updates on upcoming programs!