2015 Workshop Dates Announced!
For elementary students, ages 7 – 10. Students will work with amazing faculty who will instill musicianship, listening skills, leadership and confidence. All instruments are welcome to participate; however, we do ask that students have at least a year of private instruction before enrolling.
NOTE TO PARENTS:
ALL Primary Division students are REQUIRED to attend ALL days of the Workshop to participate, including the final concert on Saturday, July 18th. No exceptions.
2015 Dates & Times
Primary Division runs from JULY 6 – 18, 2015
- Half Day Students (Monday-Friday) — 8:30 am – 1:10 pm
- Full Day Students (Monday-Friday) — 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Orientation meeting for parents & students TBA
- Brentwood Christian School, 11908 N. Lamar, Austin, TX
- Chamber music coaching (all students will be placed in 2 different chamber ensembles)
- Large ensemble experience
- Music appreciation
- Daily noonday presentations by artists-in-residence and workshop faculty
- Musical & rhythmical games and activities
- FREE admission to select Festival Concerts
- Outreach Performance (takes place during workshop hours)
- Final Concert – Saturday, July 18 at 10:00am
Placement Audition Dates:
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Armstrong Community Music School, 404 Camp Craft Rd.
Placement auditions are for chamber ensemble placements only. Once you register you have secured your place in the Workshop. If you have any questions about whether your child is ready for chamber music contact the Director of Education before you register.
Students may audition on 2 instruments (they are placed in 2 chamber ensembles during the Workshop) as long as they have been playing for at least one year on both instruments. Students will be required to prepare the audition material on both instruments. When registering just put down both instruments and other information required on the registration form.
Students will be asked to prepare 2 contrasting solos/etudes of their choice (1 slow and musical / 1 faster and technical). Portions of piece or movements are fine. Both selections should be approximately 1 minute in length. Younger and less advanced students can do shorter pieces by 2 different composers. All students will also be asked to do some sight-reading.
Set up an Audition:
Contact Jeni Gossard, Director of Education, at (512) 454-7562 to schedule an audition time.
Can my child be considered if under age seven?
If your child is age five or six and you want them to be considered for the chamber workshop please contact the Director of Education for more information.