Registration To Open February 2015!
For elementary students, ages 7 – 10. Students will work with amazing faculty who will instill musicianship, internal rhythm, listening skills, leadership and confidence.
All instrumentalists are encouraged and welcome to enroll (strings, woodwinds, brass, guitar, pianists); however, we do ask that students have at least a year of private instruction and the ability to read music before enrolling.
NOTE TO PARENTS BEFORE ENROLLING:
ALL Primary Division students are REQUIRED to attend ALL days of the Workshop to participate, including the final concert on Saturday, July 18th. No exceptions.
2015 Dates & Times
Primary Division runs from JULY 6 – 18, 2015
- Half Day Students (Monday-Friday) — 8:30 am – 1:10 pm
- Full Day Students (Monday-Friday) — 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Packet & t-shirt pick-up for students: Sunday, June 28 – Time TBA
- Brentwood Christian School, 11908 N. Lamar, Austin, TX
- Chamber music coaching (all students will be placed in 2 different chamber ensembles)
- Large ensemble experience
- Music appreciation
- Daily noonday presentations by artists-in-residence and workshop faculty
- Musical & rhythmical games and activities
- FREE admission to select Festival Concerts
- Outreach Performance (takes place during workshop hours)
- Final Concert – Saturday, July 18 at 10:00am
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Armstrong Community Music School, 404 Camp Craft Rd.
Placement auditions are for chamber ensemble placements only. Once you register you have secured your place in the Workshop. If you have any questions about whether your child is ready for chamber music contact the Director of Education before you register.
Students may audition on 2 instruments (they are placed in 2 chamber ensembles during the Workshop) as long as they have been playing for at least one year on both instruments. Students will be required to prepare the audition material on both instruments. When registering put down both instruments and other information required on the registration form.
Students will be asked to prepare 2 contrasting solos/etudes of their choice (1 slow and musical / 1 faster and technical). Portions of piece or movements are fine. Both selections should be approximately 1 minute in length. Younger and less advanced students can do shorter pieces by 2 different composers. All students will also be asked to do some sight-reading.
Set up an Audition:
Contact Jeni Gossard, Director of Education, at (512) 454-7562 to schedule an audition time.
- Registration Deadline: May 14, 2015
Limited financial aid available:
- Deadline to apply: May 14
- Contact Jeni Gossard to request an application at (512) 454-7562
- No applications will be accepted after May 14
Primary Division Fees
|Half Day full tuition (8:30am-1:10pm)||$495|
|Full Day full tuition (8:30am-5:00pm)||$770|
|Non-refundable deposit (tuition balance will be due June 15)||$200|
Please note that you should either pay the deposit OR full tuition…NOT both when registering! Your workshop tuition balance will be due June 15, 2015.
No tuition refunds will be given after June 15, 2015 – deposits are non-refundable. Any partial refund requests will be subject to a $20 fee.
|Daily Lunch (10 days) provided by Sweetish Hill Bakery – this option is for FULL DAY students only, half day students do not stay for lunch||$100|
|Private Lessons (TWO lesson limit per student enrolled)||$40 per 45 minute lesson|
Lesson times depend on faculty availability.
Note to Half Day students: Private lessons will take place after 1:10pm (at Brentwood) and will be worked out individually as we get closer to the start of the workshop.
Can my child be considered if under age seven?
If your child is age five or six and you want them to be considered for the chamber workshop please contact the Director of Education for more information.