During the 2021/2022 year we hope to be providing engaging in-person School Concerts to all AISD elementary, middle and high schools once again.
School concerts will feature local and visiting musicians who will present a variety of chamber music repertoire (from Baroque to new compositions), introducing students to instrument families, invoking discussion, and energizing students to continue–or start–their excitement with music!
Benefits of School Concerts
ACMC’s performances give students…
- a unique and intimate concert experience with the opportunity to ask questions
- a deeper look into instruments families that make up an ensemble
- knowledge of music terminology and history
- the opportunity to hear a variety of chamber music literature
- skills in listening, critical thinking and movement
- an outlet to explore the elements of playing in small groups
- inspiration to play an instrument
- motivation to practice
- an opportunity to get excited about music with their peers
Performances are tailored for specific grade levels, and available for grades K – 12.
Schools are asked to provide…
- An audience of 20-100 students for each performance
- Two to three periods, back-to-back, on the same day, during which an ensemble can give performances
- A small, quiet space – preferably a classroom, library or music room
Ensembles available for performance:
- Brass ensembles
- Woodwind ensembles
- String Quartet
- Percussion Trio
Costs to AISD schools: ACMC is able to perform at AISD schools free of charge because of the generous support of certain individuals, foundations, and corporations. We will gladly accept contributions from your PTA and school to cover concert costs so that our limited funding can reach as many children as possible. Available funds to support free concerts are limited, please contact us early in the school year to schedule a concert for your students.
Cost to private schools and non-AISD schools: Contact us for fee schedule
Stay in the Loop!
Contact Aurel Garza-Tucker, Assistant Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the below form, to be contacted about our 2021/2022 plans.