What is ChamberFlex?
ChamberFlex provides high-level chamber music experiences to talented young musicians (high school instrumentalists ages 14-18). The program is designed for advanced students who love chamber music and need a more flexible schedule for rehearsals and coachings. Participants are matched into small groups of three to five students according to their age, level, and (ideally) location. Ensembles receive coachings from local professional musicians and participate in a variety of performances and activities. Working in small ensembles instills skills that all young performers can use throughout their education and careers. Chamber music provides the perfect opportunity for a positive peer group dynamic, allowing a productive outlet for artistic exploration, creativity and expression.
ChamberFlex ensembles are formed each fall and stay together through the spring. Students are required to commit to both the fall and spring semesters.
- Each ensemble receives 8 coaching sessions between October and May.
- In addition to coaching sessions, ensembles will rehearse weekly on their own for at least one hour, and usually pick the most centrally located homes for rehearsals. Ensembles will rehearse on coaching days and the week of a coaching session.
- Ensembles will work towards submitting an application to the Coltman Chamber Music Competition in the spring.
- Students will receive FREE admission to all Saturday Synchronism Concerts from November to April.
- Masterclass: January or February (time and location TBA)
- Outreach performance: April (time and location TBA)
- End of year collaborative chamber music concert: Saturday, May 9 at 11:00am or 3:00pm @ St. Michael’s Episcopal Church — SUSPENDED in response to COVID-19
How To Participate In ChamberFlex
ChamberFlex is typically an invite only program either through an ACMC faculty or teacher recommendation. However, if you have interest in participating in the program please contact the ACMC Director of Education.
Students interested will be required submit a video audition of a solo/etude of their choice (3-5 minutes) that show off the student’s level of playing technically and musically. This will be in place of a live placement audition.
Already established ensembles are encouraged to contact the ACMC Director of Education if interested. In this case an ensemble audition video will be requested (3-5 minutes), if necessary.
Ideally students doing this program will live or go to school close to each other.
Have questions? Please look at the Frequently Asked Questions for more information!
|Full tuition – 1 chamber ensemble||$320|
|Full tuition – 2 chamber ensembles||$640|
No tuition refunds will be given after tuition payment is received for the program.
Contact: Jeni Gossard, Director of Education
OR fill out below form: