REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
For musicians ages 11-18 with intermediate to advanced proficiency. Students will work with amazing faculty who will instill musicianship, listening skills, leadership and confidence. The Young Artists will also receive masterclasses, coaching sessions and noonday presentations from guest Festival Artists from around the world.
All instrumentalists are encouraged and welcome to enroll (strings, woodwinds, brass, guitar, pianists); however, we do ask that students have at least a year of private instruction and the ability to read music before enrolling.
NOTE TO PARENTS & STUDENTS BEFORE ENROLLING:
ALL Young Artists Division students are REQUIRED to attend ALL days of the Workshop to participate, including the final concerts on Saturday, July 18th.
2015 Dates & Times
Young Artists Division runs from JULY 2 – 18, 2015
- Monday – Friday from 8:45am – 5:00pm
Orientation meeting for parents & students
- Wednesday, July 1 from 12:00-1:00pm
- Brentwood Christian School, 11908 N. Lamar, Austin, TX
- Chamber music coaching (all students will be placed in 2 different chamber ensembles)
- Music Appreciation and composition classes
- Classical & Jazz Improvisation classes
- Percussion ensembles
- Outreach & formal performance opportunities
- Masterclasses & daily noonday presentations by artists-in-residence and workshop faculty
- FREE admission to select Festival Concerts
- Retirement Home Concert – Thursday, July 16 (during Workshop hours)
- Final Concerts – Saturday, July 18 at 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm (ALL students will perform on both concerts!)
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Armstrong Community Music School, 404 Camp Craft Rd.
Placement auditions are for chamber ensemble placements only. Once you register you have secured your place in the Workshop. If you have any questions about whether your child is ready for chamber music contact the Director of Education before you register.
Students may audition on 2 instruments (they are placed in 2 chamber ensembles during the Workshop) as long as they have been playing for at least one year on both instruments. Students will be required to prepare the audition material on both instruments. When registering just put down both instruments and other information required on the registration form.
Students will be asked to prepare 2 contrasting solos/etudes of their choice (1 slow and musical / 1 faster and technical). Portions of piece or movements are fine. Both selections should be approximately 1 minute in length. Students will also be asked to do some sight-reading.
Set up an Audition:
Contact Jeni Gossard, Director of Education, at (512) 454-7562 to schedule an audition time.
- Registration Deadline: May 14, 2015
Limited need-based Scholarships available:
- Deadline to apply: May 14, 2015
- Contact Jeni Gossard to request an application at (512) 454-7562
- No applications will be accepted after May 14
Young Artists Division Fees
|Full tuition (8:45am-5:00pm)||$900|
|Non-refundable deposit (tuition balance will be due June 15)||$350|
Please note that you should either pay the deposit OR full tuition…NOT both when registering! Your workshop tuition balance will be due June 15, 2015.
No tuition refunds will be given after June 15, 2015 – deposits are non-refundable. Any partial refund requests will be subject to a $20 fee.
|Daily Lunch (12 days) provided by Sweetish Hill Bakery||$120|
|Private Lessons (TWO lesson limit per student enrolled)||$40 per 45 minute lesson|
Lessons will be given during Workshop hours by faculty members. A more detailed list of faculty will be given at a later date.