In the Austin Chamber Music Center’s school concerts program, ACMC is able both to educate and perform by presenting interactive performances of chamber music to Austin’s students. Our concerts take place in the schools, and each of our professional ensembles offers a unique presentation in what it means to play and listen to chamber music.
Benefits of School Concerts
ACMC’s performances give students an opportunity to learn about…
- instruments that make up the ensemble
- music terminology and history
- chamber music literature
- elements of playing in small groups
Ensembles available for performance
- Austin City Brass Trio and Quintet
- Felix String Quartet
- line upon line percussion
- McCain Duo (trombone & piano)
- Trio Bella (flute, violin & piano)
- Woodwind Trio and Quintet
- An audience of approximately 100 students for each performance
- Two or three periods, back-to-back, on the same day, during which an ensemble can give performances
- A small, quiet space – preferably a classroom, library or music room
Costs to AISD schools: ACMC is able to perform at AISD schools free of charge because of the generous support of certain individuals, foundations, and corporations. We will gladly accept contributions from your PTA and school to cover concert costs so that our limited funding can reach as many children as possible.
As funds available to support free concerts are limited, please contact us early to schedule a concert for your students.
Cost to private schools and non-AISD schools: Call for fee schedule
Contact the Director of Education below or call (512) 454-7562, to schedule a performance date. Concerts are scheduled during the fall & spring semesters. Please note that there is a limited number of concerts scheduled each year so contact us early so your school doesn’t lose out on this opportunity!