From 1954 until 1960, Barbara was a member of the Austin Symphony Orchestra while a student in the College of Fine Arts at UT. In 1963, she and her family moved to Dallas where she played with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra and several regional orchestras for 22 years. She also had a ten-year association with the Dallas Chamber Players, a woodwind quintet that performed traditional, original and transcribed chamber music in many venues in the North Texas area. She also had a long tenure as a private teacher of oboe in many public schools in the Dallas area. She returned to Austin in 1985, playing often with the Austin Symphony until retirement in 1988. Barbara joined the Board of the Austin Chamber Music Center in 1998 which enabled her to pursue her passion for the importance of music education; particularly the opportunity to learn the values of preparedness, responsibility and teamwork through the joy of making music together!