About The Center
The Austin Chamber Music Center (ACMC) is dedicated to serving Central Texans by expanding knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of chamber music through the highest quality instruction and performance.
ACMC seeks to:
- Develop the next generation of musicians and audiences.
- Make chamber music accessible and available to everyone.
- Make friends making music.
- Provide audiences with a wide range of chamber music experiences.
- Provide an avenue for professional musicians to interact with each other and to communicate their enthusiasm for chamber music to students and audiences through teaching and performance.
- Develop and expand the chamber music repertoire, including the commissioning of new works, study, and recording of less familiar repertoire.
- Instill lifelong skills of leadership and cooperation through music education.
In keeping with its purpose as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, ACMC provides:
- An academic year academy and intensive summer workshop for students of all ages and adults, with formal instruction in musicianship and the techniques of rehearsing and performing chamber music.
- Scholarships based on merit and need.
- In-school coaching programs at the McCallum Fine Arts Academy, Westlake and LBJ/LASA High Schools; Lamar and Fulmore Middle Schools.
- A program of international exchanges.
- School Concerts within AISD and surrounding school districts year round.
- Intimate concerts in elegant homes, simulating the original venues in which chamber music was performed
- Concerts in public venues: churches, universities, and museums.
- An annual chamber music festival with performances by local and visiting classical musicians.
- Concerts and interactive programs for under-served populations: Nursing and retirement homes
- Public Schools
- Schools for the disabled